AASE aims to …
- Advocate on behalf of people with special education needs to ensure provision of and access to quality education services.
- Provide a range of quality services to members and the wider community.
Any person interested in these aims may be a member of AASE. Members include parents/caregivers, teachers, therapists, community members, administrators and university lecturers.
AASE’s goals are to ..
- Provide a strong and informed national and state voice for the special education community.
- Enhance access by students with special education needs to quality educational programs.
- Promote professional standards of a high order.
- Foster equitable and effective resourcing support for students with special education needs.
- Support research that informs the delivery of special education in the Australian context.