- President: Tracey Chamlin
- Vice President: Wendi Beamish
- Secretary: Karen Glasby
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Committee Member – Annalise Taylor
- National Councillors: Tracey Chamlin and Karen Glasby
The Queensland Chapter currently has around 72 financial members.
You can contact us via:
P.O. Box 199,
Media Contact: Tracey.Chamlin@usq.edu.au
Jobs in Queensland Special Education
University of Southern Queensland – Associate Professor (Special and Inclusive Education)
What you will do
In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for providing academic staff with aspirational leadership in research and scholarship with a particular emphasis on achieving grant success. Additionally, you will be required to:
- Contribute to the conduct and delivery of lectures, tutorials, workshops and demonstrations;
- Undertake the development of and responsibility for curriculum/programs of study;
- Make a substantive contribution to research through the publication of high quality research; and
- Provide academic leadership, support and direction to other academic employees and may be assigned managerial responsibilities.
What will help you succeed?
Your energy and enthusiasm, combined with your contemporary understanding of Special and Inclusive Education, will be pivotal in this role. In addition, you will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in special and inclusive education, or related area of expertise or specialisation within Education;
- Experience working as an educator and/or educational leader in the education sector; and
- Proven national or international expertise, experience and evidence of research in Special and Inclusive Education.
It is desirable that the successful applicant has either held or currently holds registration as a teacher in Queensland, or eligibility to apply for such registration and willingness to engage and experience in Professional Experience liaison with schools and supervising teachers. Current possession of, or eligibility for, a Positive Notice Blue Card is also required.