- This event has passed.
Scope Workshop: Navigating the World of Aided Communication
May 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree – $20
AASE Victoria are pleased to invite educators to join this insightful workshop on supporting communication needs presented by Elizabeth Weston from Scope.
This is a must join workshop that will provide you with the latest research evidence and practical strategies. This workshop is free for AASE members and $20 for non-members.
In this workshop participants will:
- revisit and reconnect with the difference between unaided and aided communication supports, and how they can be applied;
- identify how different communication aids can be used as part of a holistic multi-modal communication system; and
- understand how people with a variety of communication skills and styles can benefit from a range of communication supports.
This workshop is designed for educators who:
- are working with children with communication support needs;
- are creating a communication positive environment;
- might be new to, or need a refresher, on unaided and light-tech communication tools;
- have had experience with some communication aids, but are wanting to move beyond a ‘first-then’ board or a single app, to explore other options; and
- are unsure of the difference between aided and unaided communication supports, and how they can be used together.
Sign up for this exciting event here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/scope-workshop-navigating-the-world-of-aided-communication-tickets-312153127407?aff=odcleoeventsincollection