3 Teaching Positions at Henbury School – Darwin Northern Territory for 2022
Henbury School is a purpose built school catering for students from Year 7 to 12. We pride ourselves on being an eclectic and inclusive community with connections to all the Senior and Middle Schools in the Darwin area. Currently we have an expected enrolment in 2022 of 162 students. 100 students are on Henbury Campus and 62 in seven classrooms over the three middle schools (Dripstone Middle School, Nightcliff Middle School and Sanderson Middle School) and two senior schools (Casuarina Senior College and Darwin High School) that are situated in Darwin City and the Northern Suburbs.
We also operate an innovative work training facility on Aralia Street in Nightcliff, which is called our Henbury on Aralia Precinct. It is comprised of an Opportunity Shop and Café that is open to the wider community. All our students have access to this facility for educational, social and work training experiences.
At Henbury School we offer a comprehensive integrated curriculum, based on the Australian Curriculum and in the Senior Years of schooling the Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCET). Our senior students are also offered access to VSS (Vocational Education and Training in Schools) courses. Our individualised programs are designed to maximise the development of independent living skills, communication, socialisation and mobility.
We have a rigorous EAP (Educational Adjustment Plan) process that puts the student at the centre and values the contributions of the family in setting goals. Our planning sessions happen each year in Term One. The Classroom Teacher, SESO (Special Education Support Officer), Senior Teacher and family are invited to contribute to this document. We also invite any other stakeholders that are involved in the students’ life that can contribute to the plan. At the end of each year the planning team meets to a review the EAP. This is a time for celebration and to make recommendations for the following year. Included in these meetings is information and support for navigating the NDIS amongst the many other supports available in the community for our families.
Henbury School has an explicit focus on health and wellbeing for the school community and employs a full time Counsellor/Psychologist and a Health Promoting School Nurse. Our Counsellor/Psychologist is available for both students and parents/carers. Our Nurse delivers health promoting education programs, emergency medical support, health care plans and toileting program assistance, as well as health consultancy support and referrals as required.
Some of the facilities and programs at Henbury include:
- Sensory room
- Engine room
- 25 meter Heated pool
- Student Café
- Covered outdoor basketball court
- Indoor hall with retractable seating, stage and associated AV equipment
- Enterprise Education – sewing, screen printing, woodwork, horticulture
- SAKG (Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden) Program
- School Farm including produce, aquaculture, chickens and ducks
- Extensive bike track and modified bikes
- Specialised playground equipment
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts including choir, bucket drumming, djembe, ukulele, guitar, dance, circus
- Total Recreation sports program and interschool sports program
- School house for developing independent living skills (This is an off-site residence where senior students are supported in overnight stays)
- Dedicated Science room
- Four buses that allow our students access to the community including a dedicated bus that fits 4 wheelchairs as well as seats for their ambulant peers.
- Work training vehicle and coffee trailer
- Nutrition program including shopping and cooking
- Clontarf Academy
We have several FB sites:
Henbury School – https://www.facebook.com/HenburySchool/
Henbury Café – https://www.facebook.com/henburyonaralia/
Henbury Op Shop – https://www.facebook.com/henburyopshop/
Coffee trailer – https://www.facebook.com/CrewznBrew/
Fundraising Luncheon – https://www.facebook.com/HenburyLuncheon/
Please call me on (08) 8997 7077 or via email at email@example.com to discuss a position at Henbury School in 2022.
CT Job Description 2022 Henbury School